What data we collect and why
In order to provide our products, Cliq collects information that you share directly with us. When you become a member of Cliq, you share a limited amount of information during the registration process, optionally including your name, email address, password and potentially other registration information to personalize your profile. You can also sign up using your existing Google account, which lets Cliq see basic profile information, like your name and email address.
If you choose to sign in with Google, you’ll have the option of importing your contacts so that you can reference them within the Cliq CRM.
Cliq Mobile App Information.
Cliq automatically collects information to ensure that our products work correctly on different devices and browsers. That includes data like:
- The type of device you’re using
- The device’s unique ID (where available)
- Operating system
- Browser type
- IP address
- Event stamp
- Error logs
This data allows us to make sure Cliq products are working correctly, to make your experience better, and to detect and prevent suspicious activity. Also, to help us gauge the effectiveness of our communications and understand how our users engage with our services, we use common digital tools that allow us to see if you opened an email we sent or visited a link in those emails.
Shopping and Usage Data.
On social sites such as LinkedIn, Cliq collects the pieces of information from individual profiles with your consent. The information you share, and we collect, enables us to improve our products and gives us insights people in your network or community. We may also use this information to provide you with a more tailored, relevant experience.
What data we do not collect
We collect information that we believe can help us save our users time and money. This does not include, and we do not collect, any information from your search engine history, emails, or from websites that are not related to someones professional history.
How we share your data
We know how important your personal data is to you, so we will never sell it. We’ll only share it with your consent or in ways you’d expect (as we explain here). That means we will share your data if needed to complete a do your job, with businesses who help us operate Cliq, or if we are legally required to do so.
How we protect your data
The security of your information is important to us. We have a team dedicated to protecting your information and have put in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
These measures include limiting access, using encryption, testing for vulnerabilities, advanced malware detection, employing pseudonymization and anonymization techniques, and more.
Though we hate to say it, despite our efforts, we can’t guarantee that user information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of any of our safeguards. You provide us with information at your own risk.
Cliq only retains information about you as long as you keep using the Cliq Services. We’ll also keep information if we need it to meet our legal obligations and to defend against legal claims.
Some cookies can be temporary (“session cookies” like those used for navigating your browser) and disappear once you close it. Others last longer (“persistent cookies,” like when you ask a site to remember your login) and are saved to your computer until you delete them.
Our cookies serve several important functions:
- Analytics: These types of cookies help Cliq monitor the traffic and activity on our site, and to coordinate our own marketing campaigns. While they do not identify you specifically, they may be indirectly linked to your unique user ID. We aggregate and anonymize this data to help us detect suspicious activity, understand trends, broad demographic data, and the general operation of our site.
If you want to disable cookies entirely, your browser or mobile device might have an option to do that. For more information, including instructions on disabling cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Your choices for managing your data
We’ve made it easy to opt out of Cliq's products at any time.
You can always adjust your personal settings regarding what information you share and how Cliq communicates with you by going to your account page. Please note that limiting the information you offer to provide may impact Cliq's ability to provide the best experience for you.
You can also uninstall the Cliq Apps at any point. If you would like to delete your profile or personal information, you can always ask us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete any personal information we have, though we may still store some data in an aggregated and anonymized format that doesn’t identify you and can’t be attributed to you (or if we’re legally required).
Additional rights regarding your data
Depending on where you live, you may have additional rights as to the personal information that you share and Cliq collects. Residents of the EU and California can click below to learn more.
European Union residents.
Controller: Cliq is a private company, established in the United States of America. Our address is 1206 S Orlando Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90035. Our contact email address is email@example.com. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, we are the data controller.
- When you consent to our use of your data for a specific purpose.
- When we need that data to enact a transaction or to provide you with services and products that you request. This includes personalizing features and protecting the security of Cliq and its users.
- When Cliq has a legitimate interest in using that data in the normal ways you’d expect, like ensuring Cliq's products run properly, improving and creating new products, historical analytics research, promoting Cliq, and protecting our legal rights.
- When we need to process your data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Your rights: EU residents have the following rights with regard to their personal data. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these rights are limited, like for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or our legal obligations.
- Right to Access: You have the right to request information about your personal data that we hold, how we use it, and who we share it with.
- Right to Portability: Where you have provided your personal data to us on the basis of your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to send this data to another data controller.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: In situations where we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Right to Object to Processing: In situations where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you can object that the interest is no longer legitimate. Cliq will stop processing that data, unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground. You can also request to opt out of direct marketing.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to ask us to stop any active processing of your personal data while we seek to verify data you claim is inaccurate, while we verify our legitimate interests, or while we cannot erase that data due to legal obligations.
Cliq will try to respond to these requests within 30 days, but some might take longer. You will typically not be charged any fee for effecting these rights, but Cliq reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee (or refuse to comply) if the request is unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve it. You can also choose to file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
If you live in California and use Cliq, you have some additional rights when it comes to your data.
- Right to Delete: You can ask us to delete the personal information we have about you.
California law gives you the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. But Cliq does not and will not sell (or rent, or disclose for value) any of your personal information in the first place. So you’re good.
To exercise any of these rights, you (or your authorized agent) can contact us through the “Contact us” webform on our Help page or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm receipt of your request, and will provide a response to you within 45 days of your request, though in some exceptional cases it might take longer (if that happens, we’ll let you know). We will need your name and email address to verify your request, and may also ask for additional information if necessary to verify the identity of the person making the request . Please note that these rights are limited, like for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or where we have a conflicting legal obligation. That said, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To learn about the categories of personal information that Cliq uses, please see the section of this policy called “What data we collect and why.” The personal information that we have collected in the past 12 months falls into the following categories as set out under California law:
- The contact information you provide – California law refers to these as identifiers.
- We don’t track your location, but your IP address gives us a general idea of the city, state, and country - what California law calls geolocation.
- Cliq usage data – California law calls this internet activity.
To learn about the limited ways in which we disclose data for our business purposes -- that is, to a service provider -- and the categories of those service providers, please see the section of this policy called “How we share your data.”
Please note that, while Cliq provides tools to manage your privacy as described in this policy, we do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings at this time.
Data Transfers and the EU-US Privacy Shield
If we transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area, we will do so within the safeguards of Model Contract Clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
As we are located in the United States and Cliq's products are operated in the United States, if you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information you share and we collect will be transferred to, and processed, stored, and used in the United States in order to provide Cliq's products to you. The United States does not have an adequacy decision regarding data protection from the European Commission.
Cliq is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. With regard to personal data that Cliq may transfer from the European Union to the United States, in some circumstances, including liability for cases of onward transfers to third parties, you may invoke binding arbitration.
We will respond to complaints in a timely fashion, and further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to the American Arbitration Association (AAA), an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit http://go.adr.org/privacyshield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of the AAA are provided at no cost to you.
We created Cliq for the exclusive use of adults (18 and older). We don’t knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children. If you are a child under 18, please do not attempt to register for Cliq's products or send any personal information to us.
If we learn we have collected personal information from someone under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who you think may have given us some personal information or posted information on any public portion of Cliq's products, please let us know at email@example.com. We’ll help you remove it.
Changes to this policy
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy policies and practice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.